Midlands Technical College
Academic Center Auditorium, Room 116
1260 Lexington Drive
West Columbia, SC 29169
Active AARC Member, $50
Non-AARC Member, $60
Active AARC Student Member, $20
Non-AARC Member Student, $30
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
In recognition of National COPD Awareness month in November, Governor Nikki Hailey issued a proclaimation. Here’s why…
1. 367,000 South Carolinians have COPD, enough to fill Williams-Brice Stadium 4.5 times
2. 15 million currently diagnosed nationally
3. 12 million undiagnosed cases in the US
4. According to a 2013 survey, SC has a 7.1% prevalence rate (9.3% the highest and 3.9% the lowest)
5. COPD costs South Carolina 527 Million in 2014
So, Go Orange on social media to show your support!
To learn more please visit http://www.copdfoundation.org/.
The SCSRC Disease Management Section will be hosting the inaugural SC COPD Update next month, please click the link for more info.
The Midlands Region directors are planning a one-day COPD Update meeting that will include speakers from Duke University, the COPD foundation, RT navigators and others. There will also be an open forum discussion regarding what is currently going on in the world of COPD management.
The cost for the meeting is:
This will be the 4th consecutive year for the COPD Symposium in Charlotte hosted by Department of Public Health. Details to follow!
Disease management links and info go here…