Individual Continuing Education Approval Program & Application
The SCSRC CE Approval Program allows individual respiratory care practitioners to apply for CE credits from the SCSRC. SCSRC CE Credits are recognized by the LLR for RCP licensure requirements in SC as outlined in current rules, regulations and policies.
To apply for Individual CE units, please utilize the directions and online form below.
- Educational content must be relevant to the respiratory care profession and should be related to the practice of respiratory care or cardiopulmonary medicine.
- CE hours can be applied for up to ninety (90) days following an event
- Approved CE hours will be issued by SCSRC CE Chair either by mail or electronically via e-mail. Please be sure to include a valid mailing address and e-mail address. If CE hours are not approved, applicant will receive notification of denial or request for additional information. Applications not granted approval will be eligible for a refund minus a 20% processing fee.
- The SCSRC will not provide individuals a tracking mechanism for CE’s.
- One hour of CE equals 60 minutes of instructional contact. CEU’s are approved on an hour-by-hour contact basis in increments of 0.5 hours.
- Applications asking for more than three (3) CE hours will be approved only with the complete breakdown of time including breaks, lecture time, and testing time. Testing and evaluation time do not qualify for continuing education.
- College courses from accredited universities will be accepted based on accreditation status and course content and relation to respiratory care. 1 semester credit hour is eligible for up to 5 CE hours.
- INDIVIDUAL CE Fee: $10 per Credit Hour for Non-AARC Members, while only $5 per Credit Hour for active AARC Members* – Active AARC Number is required for this fee structure. Applications submitted as AARC that do not have an active membership will not be approved.
- Applications must be completed entirely and submitted with payment. Please allow up to thirty days for a response. Applications with check payments may be delayed for payment processing. Checks should be made out to “SCSRC” and mailed to SCSRC c/o Tracy Cook, 247 Larkspur Road Columbia, SC 29212. PayPal payments can be sent to email@example.com.
- After entering your information in the online form, when you click the SUBMIT button, you will be transferred to PayPal, and your payment will be processed securely via PayPal. None of your financial information is ever on the SCSRC website. (Pay with your credit card or use your PayPal account.)
If you prefer to fill out a printed form and mail it with a check, use this PDF form:
SCSRC CE Individual Approval Program & Application