The SCSRC Board of Directors is pleased to announce that our own delegate, Jakki Grimball was elected Speaker-Elect of the House of Delegates for the American Association for Respiratory Care.
Jakki Grimball was honored to learn that she had been elected Speaker-Elect at this year's AARC International Congress event. "This is a great honor...I am still in disbelief," said Jakki upon learning of the nomination. Jakki was nominated at the July House of Delegates (HOD) meeting and was elected and sworn in during the HOD meeting in Las Vegas on December 7th and 8th, 2014.
As Speaker-Elect, Jakki will:
- Assist in determining activities and goals for the year.
- Assist with House budget preparation.
- Serve as a member of the Association's finance Committee.
- Serve as Chair of the Audit Subcommittee.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Speaker of the House.
After serving a one year term as Speaker-Elect, Jakki will serve as Speaker of the House. Please join us in congratulating Jakki on such an outstanding achievement!