In recognition of National COPD Awareness month in November, Governor Nikki Hailey issued a proclaimation. Here’s why…
1. 367,000 South Carolinians have COPD, enough to fill Williams-Brice Stadium 4.5 times
2. 15 million currently diagnosed nationally
3. 12 million undiagnosed cases in the US
4. According to a 2013 survey, SC has a 7.1% prevalence rate (9.3% the highest and 3.9% the lowest)
5. COPD costs South Carolina 527 Million in 2014
So, Go Orange on social media to show your support!
To learn more please visit http://www.copdfoundation.org/.
The SCSRC Disease Management Section will be hosting the inaugural SC COPD Update next month, please click the link for more info.