JOB DESCRIPTION: This position will serve in the capacity of being the department chair of the Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy (BSRT) program. Additionally, the position will be responsible for the Bachelor of Science degree in Healthcare (BSH). The director of Health Science will report directly to the Dean of Nursing and Health Science.
- Teach an appropriate load for a full-time instructor.
- Act in the capacity of advisor for BSRT and BSH.
- Maintain adequate faculty for each program.
- Review, assess, and maintain current and industry appropriate curriculum.
- Develop and maintain industry appropriate advisory committees.
- Be actively involved with recruitment for both BSRT and BSH.
- Increase the overall enrollment of the BSRT program to achieve a yearly enrollment of 30 students.
- Yearly goal of a 10% increase for the BSRT program
- Initiate contacts with the technical colleges to develop a pipeline for admission to the BSH program.
- Begin conversations with stakeholders during Summer 2023 term to launch a Spring 2024 start for BSH.
- Begin BSH in Spring 2024, with an enrollment of greater than 8 students.
- Wolf Nation Welcome
- Open House events
- Admission Day
- General Orientation
- Welcome back events
- Other college sponsored events
EDUCATIONAL OR OTHER HIRING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
Master’s degree in appropriate field. Maintain licensure as a respiratory therapy practitioner and hold credentials as a registered respiratory therapist. Previous experience teaching in an online environment. Five plus years of experience in a higher education environment. Must have working knowledge or accreditation and standards of operations. Previous experience in a supervisory position.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line Director of Health Science.
This job description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not necessarily be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Job descriptions do not constitute an employment agreement or contract of employment, expressed or implied. Unless designated in writing and signed by the College President, all College employees are considered to be “EMPLOYED AT WILL.” Newberry College reserves the right to change, alter and amend job descriptions, functions and duties at the pleasure of the College President or Board of Trustees.