The American Association for Respiratory Care House of Delegates (HOD) and Board of Directors (BOD) recognize the importance of our student members. Respiratory Care Students represent the future of our profession and are vital to our goals as an organization. In an effort to help them to know more about the profession they have chosen, the HOD/BOD welcomes students to attend their meetings. Student attendance at the AARC House of Delegates meeting promotes understanding and awareness of the inner workings of the AARC. This activity supports initiatives to increase student membership and retention of their membership post-graduation. This also serves as a method of developing new leaders for the state affiliates and the AARC.
Any student who wishes to participate in the HOD Student Mentorship Program must apply prior to the established deadline June 11th (no exceptions). This includes students that are sponsored by their state affiliate. If the application is not received by the due date June 11th, a student will be denied admittance to the House of Delegates meeting.
2021 Virtual House of Delegates Meeting Application Deadline & Important Dates
- House of Delegates Meeting Dates: July 13 & 14, 2021
- Application Opens: May 7, 2021
- Application Deadline: June 11, 2021
- Students will be notified if they have been accepted to attend the HOD no later than June 14, 2021
In order to participate in the HOD Student Mentorship program, applicants must be a:
- Student AARC member currently enrolled in a Respiratory Care program and in good standing. He/She must possess a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Recent graduate of a Respiratory Care program (having graduated in the same year as the HOD meeting they wish to attend) whose attendance at the HOD is sponsored by their state affiliate as a component of a mentorship/scholarship program.